Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish , I tried my first one last week & I really enjoyed it! So this week its all about:
Ten Characters You Just Didn’t Click With
Mostly while writing my list I realized that a lot of times it had to do with the writing/the book rather than the character. I found myself thinking back to books that I just HAD to put down, mostly because the book in general wasn’t amazing. It takes a lot for me to set a book down and I tend to forget about the characters once I leave the book. So this week it was a little tough to pick characters, but I managed to grab 5 that I knew I just didn’t click with.
- Molly from 99 Days : There are so many mixed reviews about the main character in 99 days. Honestly, I just never clicked with her & I ended up extremely disliking her. Her motivations, her actions, and her story were just extremely selfish to me & honestly I didn’t once feel bad for her. You screw up, you take the consequences, and then you redeem yourself..YOU DON”T just go ahead & screw up again & expect everyone to love you. That’s just not how it goes, sorry hun.
- Anna from Sweet Evil: Listen, I wanted to like this book…really I did. In some aspects I enjoyed it, but I just never really got the main character. I liked her when she was trying to kick butt & save her friends…but when it came to boys her mind went mushy. I just couldn’t connect with her and felt a lot of times that she was being way too immature.
- Alice “Ali” Bell from The White Rabbit Chronicles: All I’m going to say is this; please punch me if I EVER talk about a guy like she talks about Cole. Seriously. I give full permission.
- Isla from Isla and the Happily Ever After: This pains me so much to have one of Stephanie Perkins characters on this list…but sadly, Isla just did not do it for me. I couldn’t understand how she expected Josh to give himself so freely to her when they had barely known each other. *not sure if this is a spoiler so just don’t read it if you don’t want to be sort of spoiled* Then when he said he needed time, she basically told him he was the worst type of human. I felt like a lot of her interactions & thoughts were extremely immature, for once I wasn’t hoping the girl got the guy. UGH that kills me. It really does, Stephanie Perkins you’re still my favorite though.
- Gia from Fill-in Boyfriend: I knew immediately that I wouldn’t get along with the main charter, when I read the first chapter & put the book down. I still have not picked it back up and all because of the main characters thoughts. She drove me insane. She was selfish, nasty, vain, and EXTREMELY immature. I guess there’s a pattern in this list, huh?
So, there’s this weeks Top Ten. It was hard, but I found five characters that I just didn’t love. What did you all think? Any characters that YOU just didn’t feel that connection with? Any similarities in our lists? I would love to chat about it!
p.s- Love the new banner? I am SO excited. My best friend from college was a PR major & she is AMAZING at creating stuff like this. She went ahead & made that banner for me, I am so lucky to have such supportive friends. If you’re wondering why the dog is in the banner, well that’s cause my blog is named after my own pup! I have a Bernese Mountain dog whose name is Kota, but for a nickname I call her “Kota B. Bear”. When thinking up a name for this blog, I wanted to somehow incorporate everything that I loved into one name…so there we go! That’s how the name “Kota B. Books” came about & I am just so happy with it!