Top Ten Tuesday is brought to us by the wonderful blog, The Broke and Bookish. I saw a bunch of bloggers participating in this last week & I thought it was a great way to communicate with other book lovers! (The Top Ten pic is from their website, so that you all know who I got this from!) This week the topic is:
Top Ten Books That Would Be On Your Syllabus If You Taught YA Fierce Female Protagonists 101
( We could pick our own to put in for __101, this was one that they recommended we could use & because I’ve mostly been talking about contemporary YA i thought I would talk about some of my favorite fantasy novels! Here are some that I love so much, I would have to teach them!)
1. Throne of Glass (Sarah J. Maas): I LOVE LOVE LOVE Throne of Glass, seriously. I think because it reminds me a little bit of Game of Thrones (the sword fighting, the murders, rulers that are horrible). t’s important to show a fantasy novel where the main character is a female kick ass assassin. Rock on Caelena!
2. Shatter Me (Tahereh Mafi): Juliette, the main character, shatters my heart and puts the pieces back together. Seriously. I would use this novel not because the fantasy elements are so well done, but because she just changes so much AND BECOMES SO BEAUTIFUL! Juliette embraces Juliette & I would NOT cross her.
4. The Mortal Instruments ( Cassandra Clare); The world building, the demons, the romance, the character development…I am just in love with this series. Completely.
5. Under the Never Sky (Veronica Rossi): I love this series & I love the main characters quest to save her family & home!
6. The Infernal Devices(Cassandra Clare): Anything by Cassandra Clare is a favorite of mine. This series is set in the 1800s in London and it’s just amazing how well written it is. It also shows that women can kick butt even in petticoats. Huzzah for that!
7.A Court of Thorns and Roses (Sarah J. Maas): All I have to say is this…IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THIS, WHY!!!!! Seriously. I really cannot explain how awesome this book is in just a few short sentences but please please PLEASE do yourself a favor and pick it up. I don’t even need to explain why the main character is so awesome…SHE JUST IS.
8.Sanctum (Sarah Fine): I need to give this book some love, because I don’t think that it’s gotten as much as it deserves.It’s all adventure & creepy creatures & a kick ass protagonist.
I know…I know…I only got 8…but there are just too many to choose from! I wanted to go with the ones that I was 100 percent sure of and there they are!
What do you all think? Who would you use? Have you read any of these books?